Wednesday, June 27, 2007

first stop - Hatfield

The flight went well, no hiccoughs and the boys were helpful and sensible (no distractions once we we had to leave all the friends behind). One of the stewardesses was a real hoot - another woman my age and we shared some laughs. I'll choose to fly Air Canada again in spite of their aging planes and efficiency issues because of her.

I am exceedingly tired though. I dozed briefly on the plane but not much. I watched the Bourne Identity with Matt Damon and read the Ottawa Citizen and then a Gartner report on SOA and component-based development which was given to me as a parting gift? It is a few nights now that I have been having the minimum hours of sleep necessary to function. After all the check-in procedures at the university campus and toing and froing, I am finally able to lie down for a much needed sleep in my student room. It's small but neat. There are only small single rooms available here so Darcy and Richard had to have their own rooms.

The flight arrived around 7am (2am Ottawa time) then after customs and immigration we picked up our rental car but we had to wait a while. I was quite surprised that it all went so smoothly really. The signage on the motorways in the UK is excellent from the little I've seen, which was why I managed it all fairly painlessly, and kept on the 'correct' side of the road as well.

There were a few more tears on the flight but really I'm fine and enjoying the English countryside and the funny accents! I don' know how I am going to survive the cuisine though - and the prices!

I must go to sleep, I can barely think. To be continued ...

2 comments:

Deane said...

Courage mon amie! xxx Deane

GaLa said...

What a Star you are!! My hero! Sleep well...